Our sales, training and support team are standing by ready to help you. Please click below so we can help you as soon as possible.
Our office hours are 9am to 6pm Monday to Friday Eastern Australian Time.
NSW 02 8004 0126 | QLD 07 3333 2426 | VIC 03 9013 0569 | WA 08 6188 6478
email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Xero Connector for Daylite 5 & 6 — 30 Day Free Trial
With the connector you can easily:
- add companies and people from Daylite into XERO
- Update contact records in XERO from Daylite
- Import Xero products into Daylite
- Send estimates from Daylite into XERO as invoices ready to send out
- See and use all Xero functionality from any linked Company in Daylite!
The XeroConnector is available for a one off low $129.00 cost (including GST). This is a business licence and you can have as many users are you need for a single low licence cost. Watch the video demo below to see XeroConnector in action.
Setting Up the XERO Connector
Before you use your Xero Daylite Connector you need to set up some simple preferences to ensure the 2 systems are matched. This is a simple process and should take you about 2 - 5 minutes. Please watch the video at the top of this page to see exactly what you need to do,
or contact our support team.
You can also licence the plug-in here by clicking on the License… option and following the onscreen prompts to purchase a licence.
Enter the following codes from XERO as the default XERO tax codes. Note in Australia you will need Tax 1 and No Tax only.
The address and phone labels entered here will determine which details are set over to XERO when a company is set to XERO. The plug in uses the following hierarchy of details to complete the XERO details:
1. When sending a company to XERO… The label you set in the XERO Preferences will be the address sent over to XERO. IN this example we have set the Street Address as Main and the second address as the PO Box.
Tax codes in DayliteDaylite also has Tax codes that need to be set up for each user in Daylite that will use the Xero Connector. If your tax codes are not set up or set up incorrectly this will result in a failure to send estimates to Xero.
Sending People to XERO with their Company
2. If there is a Person linked to the company that has the role set XERO Contact, in our example we have added a role name of XERO Contact - the connector will look to see if this contact exists and if they do it will send over their phone numbers along with the Company phone numbers.
XERO can have 4 numbers as set by their labels in Daylite: Default, DDI, Fax and mobile. The Default and Fax will come from the company and the DDI (Direct) and the Mobile will come from the linked contacts.
In the following screen Acme Widgets has been entered in Daylite and sent to Xero.
Adding Email details:
The default email for the person is sent over. If the person does not have an email then the connector will look at the company to see if it has an email set on it. Note, as Daylite users we expect that people emails are more important and common than company email and encourage said behaviour - you send emails to people not companies wherever possible.
Item Data from Xero
The products will be added to Daylite and ready to use in Daylite Opportunities. When a new item is added in Xero, ensure a return is added after the title as the second line in the description field will come into the Daylite Description field.
Before you can send a Daylite estimate over to Daylite you need to add the menu to the Contextual Menu for Opportunities in Daylite.
1. Go to Daylite Preferences>Contextual Menus>Opportunities
2. Add the menu Send estimate to XERO to the right hand column.
3. Close the menu.
The connector sends over the estimate NOT THE OPPORTUNITY. This is important.
Step 1 - Create an estimate in Daylite
Step 2 - Select the Opportunity in the list column, right click on it and select the menu Send estimate to XERO. see the image below.